Is It Possible to Change My Flight Date on American Airlines?
Changes in flights are so common that airlines assume that a certain percentage of booked passengers will not actually make a particular flight and actually overbook the flight when possible. American Airlines offers many options to rebook your itinerary and change the date on the flight. However, the time remaining until the plane takes off will affect your available options. With the help of our, American Airlines manage booking desk you can easily change the date of your flight.
American Airlines is one of the leading airlines in the United States, flying to various significant destinations. Therefore, every frequent flyer tends to book American Airlines tickets. Everyone who booked a ticket on American Airlines plans to board the plane accordingly, but sometimes they just can’t do anything and have to cancel or reschedule. If you follow a simple series o steps, you can easily change the flight date of your American Airlines booking, and you don’t even have actually to cancel the flight.
Steps to change the date on your American Airlines Flight
- Visit American Airlines’ official reservation website.
- Go to the “American Airlines Manage Booking” tab and log in with your credentials in the “My Trip” option.
- Enter your ticket confirmation code and the first and last name of the passenger who has purchased the ticket.
- You can now access your flight details.
- Select the Change flight option and choose the new date for your flight
- Pay the change fee (the change fee may or may not be different depending on your origin, destination, and route).
- After the payment is cleared, American Airlines will send a confirmation message on the contact information you have given.
Though changing a flight date on American Airlines is quite a simple process, passengers still have to keep certain things in mind. So, before you change your flight, ensure you know and follow all these rules and guidelines.
American Airlines Flight Change Policy
- In order to avoid any change fees, it is recommended that if your travel plan is uncertain, please try to change your booking within 24 hours after the initial booking.
- Customers can cancel the ticket within 24 hours after purchasing the ticket and get a full refund.
- Passengers must book tickets at least two days before departure.
- The non-refundable ticket value can be applied to future flights as long as:
- The new itinerary is no more than one year away from the original ticket booking.
- The customer canceled the ticket before the scheduled departure of the flight.
Remember to enter only the correct details. If you are unsure of anything, you must contact American Airlines Telefono and talk to their representative to clear up your doubts before proceeding.