How to cancel a Jetblue flight?
Everyone likes planning a new trip and finally buying a ticket. However, sometimes a situation happens which may force you to change your travel plans or cancel the already booked ticket. And passengers who have experienced this before know that the process of changing or canceling a ticket is inconvenient and expensive. So, are you also wondering, “how to cancel a jetblue flight?” Well, you can cancel the flight if you know the exact process, so let’s take a look.
Moreover, If you have purchased JetBlue tickets for your future travel, there are a few things you need to know. If you abide by the rules and guidelines set by the airline, it will make the flight cancellation process easy and possible. Read on to learn all the details about the JetBlue flight cancellation policy!
How do I Cancel my flight for a refund?
If you wish to cancel a Jetblue flight and get a refund or points, refundable fares are more expensive than non-refundable fares because of their flexibility. The same applies to Blue Extra Fares, involving tickets in other fare options.
If your fare is Refundable, there is no cancellation fee for this ticket. In addition, there are advantages to canceling the flight before the scheduled departure time. So, when you cancel early, you can receive a refund in the original form of payment.
Steps to cancel your Jetblue Flight without a hassle:
If you wish to know what is the process for cancel a jetblue flight, you can simply follow these steps mentioned below and continue:
- Firstly, Visit the JetBlue website or type jetblue.com on your web browser.
- On the home page, click the “Login” tab to access your TrueBlue account.
- Enter your email address, then enter your password, and click “Login.”
- Click “My Itinerary” and select “Manage Flights.”
- Enter the reservation number, your last name, and the last name of your flight companion (if applicable), then submit.
- Select the flight you want to cancel and click “Continue.”
- Confirm that you have selected the correct flight, then click on the “Refund” tab. The page will prompt you to provide bank details.
- Choose your bank, enter the correct credit card details, and submit to complete your refund request.
- Please check your phone at any time to confirm the refund
- If you fail to cancel your flight before the scheduled departure time, the airline will issue your refund as JetBlue travel points. You can use this point for future travel on JetBlue flights within one year from the date of issuance.
Moreover, a jetblue cancel flight refund can also be applicable for your non-refundable fares if canceled within 24 hours of the booking. But if you cancel your flight later, the airline will charge you a flight cancellation fee and refund the rest in the form of travel credits.
What will be the Jetblue Flight cancellation fee?
- Though Airlines waived jetblue cancel flight fee for JetBlue Elite members, TrueBlue Mosaic members, and their companions. There are still exceptions in some cases where the passengers need to pay the taxes and other charges.
- The cancellation fee depends on the fare option you select while making the ticket purchase. The Blue Basic fares are not eligible for voluntary cancellation. On the other hand, Blue Extra Fares does not charge a fee for cancellation before departure.
- However, the passengers receive JetBlue points as a refund. These fare options also apply to TrueBlue redemption points bookings.
- You should pay a cancellation fee equivalent to the cash value of the ticket purchased with TrueBlue points, and the airline will return the points to your TrueBlue account.
- If you cancel the entire reservation before departure, additional or auxiliary purchases (such as Even More Speed, Even More Space, and additional baggage fees) are eligible for a refund.
- However, if you wish to cancel your JetBlue Vacations booking, it is only possible over the call. You need to get in touch with the person responsible for taking quick help in cancellation.