How to Cancel a Southwest Airlines Flight?
There can be several reasons for you to cancel a flight. Similarly, there are many ways in which you can cancel it. However, our concern does not begin here. If you are looking for options to make a Southwest flight cancellation, you must know that it is not an easy task to cancel reservations. Most people know when they need to cancel, there is a charge or penalty. Anyhow, they tend to ask, “how to cancel a southwest airlines flight?” But only a few actually know the entire process. If you are also one of those who do not know the Southwest flight cancellation process, you have come to the right place. In this article, you will find complete details on the flight cancellation policy as well as how you can cancel your flights.
What is Southwest Airlines flight cancellation policy?
When you already made up your mind about cancellation, you need to take action immediately. On the other hand, you may also be familiar with the southwest airlines cancel flight policy rules and regulations. Below are some points for Southwest cancellation policy that may help you to easily cancel your flights.
- If a passenger uses Southwest Rapid rewards to book their flights, the rewards points refund will be back to their loyalty account on cancellation.
- If the flight booking was in cash, the airline will either refund the amount to the passenger’s original payment method or provide travel funds. This further depends on the fare type and cabin class to check which type of refund you will receive.
- Also, if a passenger has non-refundable flight tickets, he can still cancel his reservations within 24 hours of the original purchase and receive a refund. This refund will be in the passenger’s account, which he used to make a payment, or he can request to convert it to travel funds for future purchases.
If a passenger receives travel funds on canceling their southwest airlines booking, they must abide by some rules to use this credit amount. Firstly, these travel funds can only be available to you if you have the name and confirmation number which you entered while booking. In other words, you can not transfer your travel funds to anybody else. Moreover, there is even an expiration date on these funds. You may need to use these credits within one year of the original flight booking date.
How can I cancel my Southwest Airlines booking?
It is simple to cancel a southwest airline flight. Passengers can simply call the airline’s booking department or visit the website to cancel their flights online. The southwest official mobile app also has the flight cancellation service in it. Passengers can simply cancel Southwest Airlines flights.
Follow these steps below and cancel your flight hassle-free
Are you still looking for “how to cancel a southwest airlines flight?” Don’t hesitate and follow the steps mentioned below to cancel your flight booking without issues.
- Firstly visit the official Southwest Airlines booing website and log in to access your booking details.
- Now, provide the ticketed passenger’s first and last name. Also, enter the flight confirmation number in the given fields.
- Click on “Continue” to continue the process for cancellation and wait for the new page to load.
- Once you see the details correctly, click on “Confirm to Cancel” and cancel your flight.
Note that you’ll see the travel balance as well as the amount available for refund attached to your confirmation number. You can cancel the flight to receive the amounts. However, if you’ll get a refund on not completely depends on the type of ticket you purchase. So, when you cancel your Southwest Business Select or Anytime fares, Do not forget to select the option of travel funds or a refund to the original form.
Moreover, Southwest Airlines cancel flight policy is more generous to people with award tickets. So, when you cancel a flight booked through Rapid Reward points, you’ll automatically receive the refund amount to your rewards account. Furthermore, you will receive any taxes or fees back to the original payment form that you apid with your awards ticket. Besides, you can choose to convert that fee into a future travel fund if necessary.
Related Top Airlines talk to a live Person:
Talk to a live person at United airlines?
How do I talk to a person at Southwest?