Are you considering changing your plans because of a sudden situation? Or do you want to pick out a new date for your flight as the current one is no longer suitable? If you booked with BA, you must wonder How to change flight on British Airways? And our article may help you out with your concern.
Firstly, British Airways allows you to change flights smoothly. Furthermore, it has extended its booking with confidence policy to handle the changing era with this COVID virus outbreaks. So, the airline allows you to change flights without a charge.
What is the British Airways Flight change Policy?
If you want to change your booking, you can choose one of the options below. However, if you booked through a travel agent, please contact them directly to discuss further arrangements for your booking.
Similarly, If you have a vacation package booking, find out how to make changes on the official website when required. British Airways flight change service allows you to make the flight changes at ease. Read more to find out what are the options for changing BA flight.
When wish to change your flight booking date
Suppose you had booked your flights from March 3, 2020, and scheduled to complete them before August 31, 2022, and before March 3, 2020. Besides, for flights scheduled to start before February 28, 2021, you can open the Manage My Booking section.
Furthermore, the airline has waived off British airways change the flight date fee. Hence, you don’t pay anything to make flight changes. However, you have to pay any fare difference(if it exists). This works for:
- Travel bookings from March 3, 2020, that will be completed by August 31, 2022
- If a passenger booked any route marketed by British Airways, excluding franchised airline Sun-Air routes
- For the flights that you Booked directly through our Contact Centre, official BA website, or their trade outlets
When you wish to change the date and destination both:
Suppose you had booked travel before March 3, 2020, which was originally scheduled to begin before February 28, 2021. Or you have booked from March 3, 2020, for travel before August 31, 2022. In that case, you need to follow the British airways change my flight date process.
Besides, you also need to complete the online voucher form to change your destination and date. BA will cancel their booking on their behalf and email you a voucher commensurate with the value of your booking, valid until September 30, 2023. Furthermore, Vouchers can be used as payment or partial payment for future bookings.
Moreover, the new trips you book with the voucher must be fully completed (departure and return) by September 30, 2023. You will receive your voucher via email within seven days of your application.
Can I change the date of my flight with British Airways?
Before you start thinking about changing your British Airways flight, make sure you take the time to read and understand their policy. The policy states that suppose you have paid for your ticket and find yourself making an error booking your ticket. In that case, you can change/cancel your flight within 24 hours and receive a full refund without any charge.
Furthermore, you can also choose to change passenger name on British Airways flight without hassle. You just have to open the airline’s official website and request the change.
Steps to change a BA flight online
- Visit the official website of British Airways and log in to your account. Else, continue as a guest.
- Now open their Manage My Booking section and access the flight details you wish to change.
- First, enter your confirmation code with the ticketed passenger’s first and last name on the flight and click continue.
- After that, choose the flight and select the Change Flight option. Then follow the onscreen prompts and make the desired changes to your booking.
- Next, pay for the service if there is any charge along with fare difference, and enjoy your new flight with British Airways.
Finally, you may receive a confirmation email from the airline regarding your flight change. And if you need any more assistance, you can connect with our airline executives, who may further guide you in the same. So, feel free to give us a call in times of trouble.