How to change American Airlines flight bookings?
Inconsistent travel plans lead to cancellation of flights or change of schedule. However, if one proceeds with a flight booking despite that and the need comes to make changes, things are different. If you are a passenger on AA and face the same issue, there is only one question, “How to change American airlines flight?” And your answer lies in the AA flight change policy.
To your surprise, the flight change policy at AA is generous enough to offer the passengers what they need all at once. They can simply change their flight schedule online or offline and enjoy hassle-free vacations.
Hence, if you have been stuck in a similar situation, you can read more to take a look at the AA flight change policy.
How can I change my AA flight for free?
American Airlines allows the passengers to make changes to their flight schedule absolutely for free within 24 hours of the booking. This means you must cancel your booking within 24 hours of the initial ticket purchase. Besides, the flight’s departure should be at least a week away.
However, American Airlines flight change policy also offers you Travel flexibility. This will make sure that you manage your flight schedule accordingly. So, here are the basic benefits you can look forward to:
- There will be no change fee for all AA domestic, international short-haul, and selected international long-haul flights. This is for passengers flying on main Cabin, Premium, and Premium Economy fares.
- However, the Basic Economy fares you purchased after 1 April 2021 will be non-changeable and nonrefundable except for the 24-hour flight change rule.
- You can even fly standby on early domestic flights to your same destination on the same day for free. This includes flights to US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico as well.
- Even with Basic Economy fares, AA allows you extras like seats, upgrades, and priority boarding.
- Passengers with AAdvantage membership as an elite can apply their air travel benefits to each fare, including Basic Economy.
How much does it cost to change your flight with American Airlines?
Though American Airlines does not charge any fee for domestic flight change, there is a fee for making same-day changes. Therefore to make a same-day flight change, American airlines flight change fee ranges between 75 USD and 150 USD.
Moreover, you also have to pay an additional per person charge if your flight booking has been made by a travel agent or third-party site. Now that you know everything about the AA change flight service and procedures move to make changes.
Furthermore, you can keep reading the points below to find out the procedure to change an American Airlines flight.
How do I change or cancel my AA flight?
Willing to make changes to your flight booking? Follow the steps mentioned below and know the process of AA flight change.
- Firstly, you must visit the official website of American Airlines and find your ticket reservation under their manage booking tab.
- Now, to access the flight details, you can simply enter the record locator or 6-character confirmation code along with the first and last name on the ticket.
- After that, click on the change flight option and continue to select a new flight as per your desired schedule.
- Further, follow the onscreen prompts to make the desired changes.
- Now, check your registered email to see the confirmation of your flight change.
Suppose that AA changed your flight to another time because of some emergency situation. In that case, search the “American airlines changed my flight” option on the airline’s website and continue. The prompt will guide you to the policies when the airline changes your flight, and you can use them to ensure that there is no loss at your end.
Furthermore, if you need anything more, dial the given contact number and speak to one of our airline experts for help.