Do you want to travel by air in luxury without missing your confirmed reservation? Hawaiian Airlines upgrade to first class facility allows you to pay for an upgrade via miles or dollars. If you are lucky, you may get a better seat for free.
Even though the Hawaiian Airlines upgrade cost varies for different classes of travelers, you can secure it for free by using your frequent flyer miles as well.
Let’s explore different options to get a seat upgrade with the airline.
How to Bid For Upgrade On Hawaiian Airlines?
Hawaiian Airlines seat upgrade to first class is available through a bid upto 28 hours before the flight’s take-off on eligible flights.
Follow this process to get a Hawaiian Airlines upgrade to first class:
- Firstly, check out the website: Hawaiianairlines.com.
- Next, go to My Trips.
- Further, add the confirmation code and last name on your ticket.
- Once you’ve checked eligibility, you can submit an offer.
- The offer is valid for all passengers per segment in a reservation.
- If the bid qualifies, you will receive a confirmation email 24-48 hours before departure.
- The amount will be deducted only when your offer qualifies.
- If not upgraded, you will get an email by 24 hours before departure.
You can also check your email inbox. Usually, the Hawaiian Airlines upgrade to extra comfort first class is sent through an email invitation. It invites people to bid for the process.
How to Get Hawaiian Airlines Upgrade to First Class?
Economy class travelers can get Hawaiian Airlines seat upgrades by spending dollars, miles, or bidding on their existing reservation. Basic fares are not eligible for upgrades.
- Via Bidding Process: Check your flight’s Hawaiian Airlines First Class Seat upgrade through the official website. You can make an offer upto 28 hours before the flight’s take-off on selected flights.
- Through Dollars: You can get a business class seat with money 24 hours before the flight’s departure through web/ kiosk check-ins. If your reservation is confirmed, a fare difference is applicable. Otherwise, the normal reservation will be safe.
- Via Miles: Secure upgrade to first class with miles no later than 26 hours before the flight’s take-off time. You can contact reservations to secure your booking and provide them with your Hawaiian miles ID. Business savers get the lowest mileage class flight.
Dial Hawaiian Airlines reservations 1-800-367-5320 or 1-860-318-2831 to know your eligibility to secure a Hawaiian Airlines seat upgrade through bid or miles.
How Many Miles Does It Take To Upgrade To First Class On Hawaiian Airlines?
Passengers can get a Hawaiian Airlines First Class Seat upgrade through miles upto 26 hours before the flight’s departure. One-way flights to different destinations would cost the following miles:
One Way Flights From Following Destinations To Hawaii
Neighbor Island Upgrade
- Based on availability.
- Stopovers are not allowed.
- Miles points can get used from one account only.
- Pualani Platinum/ Gold and Hawaiian Mastercard users can log in to see more discount options.
Note 2: Two Types of upgrades are available
- Business/ First Saver: Lowest mileage award offer available
- Business/ First Flex: Twice the first saver mileage offer available.
How Much Does It Cost yo Upgrade on Hawaiian Airlines?
Travelers wanting a Hawaiian Airlines seat upgrade to first class can spend dollars for a bid upto 28 hours before departure or through the day of departure upgrades.
Refer to this list to learn the minimum cost to upgrade to first class Hawaiian Airlines:
International first-class routes:
Upgrade Price Starting From
AUSTRALIA → Hawaii/North America
Hawaii/North America → AUSTRALIA
JAPAN → Hawaii/North America
Hawaii/North America → JAPAN
KOREA → Hawaii/North America
Hawaii/North America → KOREA
NEW ZEALAND → Hawaii/North America
Hawaii/North America → NEW ZEALAND
PPT → Hawaii/North America
PPG → Hawaii/North America
Starting from 449 USD
- Paulani cardholders get on Hawaiian Airlines upgrade list to first class by paying $25- $949, depending upon the travel route.
- Hawaiian Airlines first class seats for upgrades are available on the day of departure before check-in closes.
How to Get Free Upgrade On Hawaiian Airlines?
You must check your email to see the invitation for Hawaiian Airlines upgrade to first class once you’ve booked a ticket. However, if you own these cards, you can ask for free upgrades, subject to availability:
- Pualani Platinum/ Gold members: Complimentary upgrades to Extra Comfort on flights to/from North America and International destinations, subject to availability. The benefit applies to Elite members too.
- Revenue Tickets (Main Cabin Fare)/ Flight Award Tickets: Eligible for the complimentary upgrade, subject to availability.
- Pualani Platinum members: Complimentary upgrades to First Class or Extra Comfort on flights to the Neighbor Islands, subject to availability. The benefit applies to Elite members too.
- Pualani Gold members: Complimentary standby upgrades to Extra Comfort on flights to the Neighbor Islands, subject to availability at check-in.
- Pualani Platinum: Free upgrade to First Class flights traveling wholly within Hawaii – Neighbor Islands during check-in.
You can dial Hawaiian Airlines customer service at 1 (800) 367-5320 to talk to someone and upgrade your flight to first class for a free/ nominal fee.
Read More Related Blogs Here:
Hawaiian Airlines Change Flight Policy
How to Cancel a Hawaiian airlines flight?