Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
Do you want your toddler to fly alone, but wonder how Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor policy can help you? Worry not! This policy is meant to keep your kids safe, even when you can’t be with them on the flight.
Spirit Airlines has framed guidelines for minors’ solo travel so that they can fly without getting panicked. However, this policy has some complicated rules and regulations for the unaccompanied travel of kids.
Therefore, parents should read the subtopics below and clear any confusion before booking unaccompanied minor tickets!
When Does Spirit Airlines Not Accept Unaccompanied Minor?
There are different flight categories where Spirit Airlines won’t accept any unaccompanied minor. Unaccompanied minor flyers can’t travel in the following flight types:
- Domestic flights where the passenger has to switch from one aircraft to another.
- When there are connecting flights (domestic).
- On International Flights
Hence, only domestic flights with no changes will accept Spirit Airlines Booking for such minors. Also, these areas include the US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico.
What Are The Different Age Groups Of Unaccompanied Minor Spirit Airlines?
There are three age categories under the Spirit Airlines unaccompanied minor policy. All these groups have a variety of restrictions and rules to follow. Read below to understand the conditions with all the age classes:
- 15-18 Years
- The flyers in this age category are not required to get the Unaccompanied Minor service. However, airline staff will ask passengers to present their government-issued picture ID or a birth certificate for age verification.
- However, if passengers of this age group request these services, the carrier will collect unaccompanied minor fees from them.
- 4-15 Years
- For Flyers traveling alone with Spirit Airlines Booking under this age group, it is mandatory to travel under the Unaccompanied Minor program.
- Such minors are accepted on direct flights only. When there is no need to change aircraft or flight, it is called direct flight.
- The individual dropping and picking up children of this age group from the airport must be older than 15 years old.
- Less Than 4 Years
- Children below four years of age are not allowed to travel alone.
- Kids under four years old must be accompanied by a guardian older than 15.
What Are The Terms and Conditions for Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy?
Unaccompanied minors has laid down some rules and conditions for flyers of this age category. To ensure passenger safety, travelers must follow these rules:
- While making a Spirit Airlines booking, the buyer has to inform the carrier that this booking is for an unaccompanied minor.
- Passengers, along with their guardians, have to check-in at the ticket counter a minimum of 60 minutes before the departure.
- During check-in, guardians will fill and submit the unaccompanied minors spirit form with a photo ID proof copy to the airline’s staff. In return, the flyers will receive a lanyard for minors to wear during the flight.
- The guardian accompanying the minor at the airport must ask for a gate pass at the ticket counter to escort the child to the gate. Such passes are available to only those who produce a valid photo ID.
- Introduction of the child to the flight attendant is compulsory. Airlines will board the minor passenger upon late arrival at the end of the boarding process to ensure easy identification. Hence, minors would be pre-boarded for such identification.
After Flight Take Off
- Guardians must wait at the gate for 15 minutes after the flight’s departure.
- The specified pick-up guardian has to arrive at the destination airport early to seek a gate pass at the ticket counter. After that, they can wait for the minor at the gate, where the aircraft arrives.
- A flight attendant will escort the minor from the aircraft to the pick-up guardian.
How To Get Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Ticket By Phone?
Do you find it easy to get your work done over the phone? If so, then Spirit Airlines provide a 24/7 available number. You can dial this number and receive answers to all your doubts. You may also get a Spirit Airlines booking for minors on the same number. Follow the process.
- Firstly, look for the spirit airlines phone number and confirm it with official sources.
- After that, dial this number and wait for the IVR to respond.
- When you are connected with the live agent from Spirit Airlines, ask them for the details of unaccompanied minor policy.
- Also, the expert on the other end will ask you for details about the child, guardians, and additional necessary information.
- The agent will confirm your booking and provide you with ticket booking information over the phone.
- Similarly, you will receive the same booking data over your registered contact information.
If your child is flying alone with Spirit Airlines then call spirit airlines phone number 855-728-3555 to know more about the Unaccompanied Minor policy.
Read Related Articles:
How do I speak to Spirit Airlines customer service?
Get A Free Flight On Spirit Airlines
How to Cancel Spirit Airlines Flights?
Spirit Airlines Manage Booking
Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor FAQ
What Are The Charges In Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy?
Unaccompanied minor fee is $150 for a one-way ticket. This charge will double for a round-trip ticket. In this policy, little passengers are provided drinks and snacks when they board the flight.
Does Spirit Airlines allow minors to travel unaccompanied?
If you are a minor between 15-18 years old, then there is no need to be a part of spirit unaccompanied minor policy. However, you must provide the staff with a valid photo ID/ birth certificate to verify your age.
How To Drop Off An Unaccompanied Minor Spirit Airlines For Flight?
The guardian dropping off Spirit Airlines Minor Booking at the airport needs to ask for a gate pass from the ticket counter. For gate passes, they need to present a government ID. Afterward, they must drop the child at the entrance until the flight takes off.
Can A Four-Year Child Travel Alone In Spirit?
Any unaccompanied minor can’t travel alone if they are equal to or younger than four years. They have to be with someone else who is older than 15 years of age (proof of age necessary).